Essay Thesis Help – Six Ways to Make it Stand Out
Want to get some help really making your essay thesis stand out? Then read this short guide and apply these six tips to each and every paper you write. You’re going to be a writing superstar in no time.
- Be controversial
- Keep it tightly written and concise
- Avoid vague statements
- Don’t use first person statements
- Don’t use second person statements
- Put it at the very end of your first paragraph
Being Controversial Helps a Lot
If you want your thesis to really stand out you need to be controversial. For instance, everyone knows the popular opinion regarding Steve Jobs and Apple. Formulate a thesis that states the exact opposite, “Steve Jobs and Apple aren’t revolutionary companies – they’re patent pirates and intellectual property thieves.”
Keep it tightly written and concise
Let’s turn to the example above. It’s tightly written. The following example is long winded and will make your thesis stand out… but in the wrong way:
“Steve Jobs has been credited with making Apple one of the most revolutionary and innovative companies in the world, but there is evidence to prove that they steal other people’s ideas, pirate their intellectual property, and don’t really deliver the innovation they’re credited with.” Yuck – who would write that? Certainly not you.
Avoid Vague Statements
Continuing with Steve Jobs and Apple:
“Steve Jobs and Apple are innovative and revolutionary.” That’s vague.
“Steve Jobs and Apple have brought innovation to the mobile music player industry with the iPod, iTunes, and each new generation of these technologies.” That’s the opposite of vague.
Don’t Use First Person Statements
The examples above are perfect. You’re goofing it up if you instead say “I think Steve Jobs and Apple are innovative…”
Don’t Use Second Person Statements
This is wrong: “You have heard plenty of things about how innovative Steve Jobs and Apple are, and you will learn…” That’s a definite fail.
Put it at the very end of your first paragraph
This is from essay writing 101, but many students forget. Your introductory paragraph is designed to help set up the rest of your paper by providing a brief background on the topic. You then tell them what you’re going to express in the essay. Save the thesis statement for last.
This is going to make it stick out because it’s exactly where the teacher is going to look for it. If it’s anywhere else it’s going to blend in like army camouflage in the Iraqi desert.
Interesting Ideas For A Thesis Paper About Steve Jobs
Thesis paper is seen in many forms, about many topics. A thesis paper about a person is something different and less used. Preparing a thesis paper about a person needs a research statement which will be justified throughout the paper. Grab certain ideas that will really help you out in your research and study about former apple CEO that is about Steve jobs.
Research statement is an important aspect when it is about a person. You may choose any famous personalities and make a statement about them; this statement should be justified throughout the research paper. The statement can be negative or positive, or a fact. It is always preferred to write the statement after the completion of paper as we will have better knowledge about the content. Whatever is the statement this will become the basic thing that built up your paper. So, it is always required that the statement is well fit to the content of the whole paper. For an example we can discuss some interesting ideas for research paper on former apple CEO that is about Steve jobs:
- Steve jobs is the father of personal computer revolution- this can be the best statement to build a paper on. Jobs commonly is known by the statement, so you can get enough thing to justify it. Simply by specifying his contributions like apple you can easily justify this statement.
- Steve jobs never wrote a single piece of code- this statement can be considered better as a fact, and thus the paper built can get more readers. But you may have to get some serious points to justify such a statement.
- He was a stoner- this statement is a revealed truth about former apple CEO that is about Steve jobs. With a few research you can get enough points to justify the statement. But as the statement has great social effect you should move carefully.
- Former apple CEO that is Steve jobs is a Muslim by birth- this statement has enough roof as all know jobs was adopted. It is said that his biological father was an Arab. This can be a good thing to be worked on.
- Steve job was an example for college dropout millionaires- as jobs was the member of so called college dropout millionaires; this is an interesting topic for research paper. But proving that Dropping College is not the end to get a millions of job opportunities.